Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Halibut with Leeks and Mushrooms
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 437)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Cooks love Halibut because it is so easy to prepare and delicious to eat. The ingredients in this recipe are very rich, but always the same advice; don't overcook it!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Halibut fillets
- 4 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tablespoon Green peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 1/2 tablespoon Fine sea salt *
- 2 Leeks, finely chopped
- 1 cup Fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 3/4 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 4 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cut fish into fairly large pieces and sprinkle 2 tablespoons lemon juice (over).
- Add salt and peppercorn; place in a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan and sauté leeks for a few minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside.
- Add butter and sauté mushrooms for more few minutes.
- Return leek to the pan.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, paprika, and parsley; cook over very low heat and stir until cheese has melted.
- Add to the sauce and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and pour it over the halibut.
- Put in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.