Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Broad Bean (Fava Bean) Soup
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 585)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Simple, savory soup made using Broad (or Fava) Beans, which are extremly popular in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 large Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 cup Broad Beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano *
- 2 drops Fresh Lemon Juice
- Coarse Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn, to taste *
- In a pot melt butter, add onion and garlic, fry until soft but not colored. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add beef broth, bring to boil, then add broad beans, oregano, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer until the beans are tender.
- Use a blender to obtain a thin cream consistency (adding hot water if necessary). Serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.