Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Traditional Irish Spinach and Oatmeal Soup
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 604)
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Source: Vito De Carlos
Hearty Irish fare.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Oatmeal
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 6 ounces Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 teaspoon Fresh Ground Nutmeg *
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
Juniper Spiced suggested
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn *
- 1 cup Spinach, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Chives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- In a large pan melt butter, add oatmeal and gently fry until crispy.
- Add beef broth, diced potatoes, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add spinach and chives and cook for 5 minutes more. Strain the soup through a sieve.
- Re-heat the soup and stir in the cream. Serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.