Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Chicken Curry Rice Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 93)
Preparation time: 4 to 6 hours
Source: Merry Thomas M.S. R.D. L.D.
Bright and beautiful dish with a nice curry flavor.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 cup Plain yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Curry powder, divided *
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper *
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cups Cooked Essenza rice (cooked in chicken broth), cooled
- 1 Medium sized red pepper, julienne
- 1/2 Red onion, sliced
- 1 cup Snow peas, julienne
- 2 Green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Prepared fat-free Italian dressing
- Combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons curry powder, garlic, and ground pepper in a bowl; mix well.
- Place chicken in mixture; stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill or broil chicken and cut into strips; refrigerate.
- Combine rice, remaining curry powder, red pepper, onion, snow peas, green onions, and raisins; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate one hour.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss.
- To serve, place chicken strips over salad.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.