Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 164)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Just like it is made in hundreds of Southwestern restaurants. The better the quality of rice, the better the taste of the dish.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil *
- 1 Medium white onion
- 2 Medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cubed
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced and mashed
- 1 cup White rice *
- 2 cups Chicken stock (or water)
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper *
- 1 Small can green peas
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and quickly saute (2 or 3) minutes onion, tomatoes, carrots, and garlic.
- Stir in rice and cook over low heat another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- While rice is cooking, bring the stock to a boil and pour in with the rice.
- It will boil furiously at first.
- When it subsides, add salt and pepper, cover and reduce heat.
- Cook approximately 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, heat peas, drain and stir into the rice.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.