Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pasta with Porcini Mushrooms
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 526)
Preparation time: 45 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Pasta recipe with porcinis, red onion, walnuts, spinach, parmesean and White Truffle oil... a riot of colors and flavors.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
1.1 pound Porcini Mushroom Tagliatelle Pasta
Morelli – suggested, need two bags
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water (12 pints)
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
3.5 ounces Italian dried Porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups Hot water
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 1/2 Red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cups Walnuts
- 1/2 pound Baby spinach
- 3 Large garlic cloves, minced
1 tabelspoon White truffle oil
Ramo d’Oro – suggested
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; freshly grated
- 1/2 slice Bread, made into crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon White peppercorn; freshly ground *
- Soak “Porcini” mushrooms in 2 cups of hot water for 15 minutes, drain them, and strain the liquid and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 1½ gal. ( 12 pt.) of water to rolling boil.
- Add the 4 tablespoons coarse sea salt, then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander.
- Meanwhile; in a large frying pan heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add onion, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and mushrooms with their water strained, cook over a low heat for 5 minutes more.
- In a blender, blitz the bread crumbs with half of the walnuts, and stir into frying pan.
- Once most of the water has been absorbed in add the pasta, mixing through thoroughly; add salt and peppercorn, then stir through your spinach and cheese.
- Serve with a couple of remaining walnuts and grated Parmesan”cheese.
- Drizzle White Truffle Oil on top.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.