Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pappardele Pasta with Ricotta cheese and Tomatoes(pomodoro)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 111)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Using Pappardele pasta ricotta cheese and tomato, this is a fantastic recipe loaded with flavor and a big pasta taste, that looks great as well.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Papardele Pasta *
- 1 pound Fresh cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 14 ounces Fresh ricotta cheese
- 15 leaves Fresh basil
- 5 Tablespoons "Colonna" extra virgin olive oil *
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 2 ounces Coarse Salt (for cooking the pasta) *
- In a large pot bring 1.5 gallons of water to a boil, salt the water (2 ounces of salt for 1.5 gallons of water) add the pasta and bring back to a boil. Lower the heat and cook the pasta until it is “al dente” (13 to 15 minutes) stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- While pasta cooks, put the cherry tomatoes in a pan with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil “Marina Colonna”, cook for about 15 minutes than add the chopped basil leaves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir ricotta cheese and milk with a whisk until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl add the ricotta cream stir well, add 1 spoon of extra virgin olive oil “Marina Colonna”* and the tomato sauce.
- Stir gently and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.