Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 325)
Preparation time: 1 days; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fine flavors and creative presentation.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Green peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 1 Clove of garlic
- Lettuce leaves to garnish
- Cut eggplant lengthwise.
- Place cut-size down in a shallow heatproof dish and steam on rack until soft; about 30 minutes.
- Note: Bring several inches of water to a boil in a wok pan. Place a rack device that will clear the water level by 1 or 2 inches. Then place the heatproof dish on that rack. Cover the wok pan and steam.
- Let cool slightly.
- Remove stem end peel.
- Tear lengthwise in strips.
- Transfer eggplant to a bowl.
- Add rice vinegar, oil, salt and peppercorn, blending well.
- Cut garlic in half.
- Rub inside of a bowl with cut surface of garlic; then place garlic at the bottom of the bowl.
- Pack in eggplant mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter.
- Invert eggplant onto lettuce, remove garlic and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.