Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pork Chops and Apples
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 622)
Preparation time: 12 hours; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
- This is a natural combination of pork with apples. Marinating the pork in the apple mixture adds flavor and moisture.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 large Pork Chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups Dry Cider
- 1 cup Apple Sauce (see recipe)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Grated Nutmeg *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt *
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ground White Peppercorn *
1. Trim off excess fat from the pork shops
2. Combine cider, applesauce, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir well. Marinate chops in the mixture overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Next day, remove meat from the marinade drain, but do not dry.
4.Sear over a very hot grill for about 3 minutes on each side.
4. Baste with marinade and continue cooking, basting and turning at intervals for about 18 minutes, until chops are thoroughly cooked
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.