Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Bell Pepper Pasta Salad (Pasta Con Peperonata)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 1037)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
In this salad recipe, the cool cooked pasta is serve with "Peperonata" (stewed bell peppers). This colorful creation it's simple to make and tasty to eat.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1.1 pound Dry Pasta * *
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking Extra Virgin Olive Oil * *
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into strips 1/4 inch wide
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into strips 1/4 inch wide
- 1 large Green Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into strips 1/4 inch wide
- 1 Red Onion, Finely Sliced
- 4 Ripe Plum Tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded and diced
- to taste Fine Sea Salt*
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold Water
- 4 Tablespoons Coarse Sea Salt * *
- 8 Silver skinned Anchovies Fillets, preserved in olive oil, drained and diced* *
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves, cut into strips just before use them
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil* *
- 2 ounces "Hard Ricotta cheese"
- Warm 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over low heat; add bell peppers strips, sliced onion, diced tomatoes and seaon with sea salt. Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. When done set aside to cool.
- In a large pot, bring 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons), then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked "al dente" drain well in a colander. Rinse with cold water drain again. Lay down over clean kitchen towel cooked pasta and pat dry with another kitchen towel. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, mix cooked pasta and cooled "Peperonata", toss to coat. Add diced anchovies, basil, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil, mix well to combine, sprinkle with "Hard Ricotta Cheese" flakes and serve.
Suggested shape of pasta to use with this sauce:
Farfalle, Radiatori, Calamarata, Gomitoni, or Rigatoni
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.