Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pan Seared Tilapia with a Cabernet Chocolate and Blackberry Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 150)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Source: Leaning Oaks Vineyard
A delicious alternative that presents the light flavor of the fish with Chocolate and berry overtones.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 4 ounce Tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil *
- 1 Clove of garlic chopped fine
- 6 tablespoons Cabernet and Chocolate Sauce *
- 8 Blackberries fresh, salt and nutmeg *
- In a skillet that will accomodate the two fillets, melt the butter and the olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sweat for a minute.
- Place the two fillets in the pan and sear on both sides until almost tender and lightly brown.
- Sprinkle with salt and add the Cabernet and Chocolate sauce generously on top.
- Place the blackberries around the fillets and cover to steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate with the berries on top along with the reserved sauce.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over fillets and serve.
- Pair with fresh steamed asparagus and a cabernet wine.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.