Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Baked Acorn Squash with Apple Stuffing
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 22)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
A natural pairing.
- 1 Medium acorn squash
- 2 Small apples, unpeeled, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Diced celery
- 2 teaspoons Minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Margarine, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Dash of salt *
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut squash in half.
- Remove seeds.
- Place cut side down on baking sheet sprayed with vegetable pan spray.
- Combine apples, celery, and onion.
- Add margarine and water.
- Put in small baking dish, cover.
- Bake squash and apple stuffing for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Salt squash.
- Fill with apple mixture.