Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Vegetables a la Grecque #1
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 225)
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation time: 60 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 5 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
One of many versions of Vegetables in the "Greek" style. Slightly different, they're all good.
- 1 cup Carrots (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup Celery hearts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup Broccoli (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup Green peppers (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup Mushrooms (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 cup Each of black olives and green olives (optional)
- 2 cups White wine vinegar *
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- 1 teaspoon White pepper *
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced and mashed
- 1/4 cup Each dillweed and tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil *
- Bring vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and combine with all vegetables.
- Allow to cool.
- When cool, add olives and olive oil.
- Toss gently to mix and let sit at room temperature until servinig.