Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Nectarines and Broccoli in Tomato Vinaigrette
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 480)
Preparation time: 1 days; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Italian creativity! What a flavor combo!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Large bunch of broccoli
- 4 Small nectarines, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 Small onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Tomato sauce, pulped
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar *
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Cut broccoli into small spears.
- Drop into 1-inch of boiling salted water in saucepan; return water to boil.
- Gently boil until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes, drain and cool.
- Place broccoli, nectarines, and onion in a salad bowl.
- In a small saucepan cook the tomatoes sauce for 15 minutes over a medium heat then chill.
- Mix Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sugar, and mustard with vinegar.
- Pour over vegetables and fruit.
- Refrigerate overnight, spooning dressing over occasionally.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.