Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Stir-Fried Pork and Bell Pepper
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 488)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Another of the many variations possible using the wok.
- 1/2 pound Lean pork
- 2 Green bell peppers
- 2 Celery stalks
- 1 Scallion stalk
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 cup Beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Water
- Dice pork in ½-inch cubes.
- Dice green bell peppers and celery.
- Cut scallion in ½-inch sections.
- Crush garlic.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok pan.
- Add salt, then garlic, and scallion, and stir-fry a few times.
- Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness.
- Stir in beef broth and heat quickly.
- Cook, covered, 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add green bell peppers and celery.
- Cook uncovered 2 to 3 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile blend cornstarch, soy sauce, and cold water to a paste, then stir in to thicken.
- Serve at once.