Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Marinated Mushrooms (Champinones en Escabeche)(1) Read review
Have you tried this recipe? Submit a review.
(Recipe ID: 764)
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Nice appetizer or cocktail food- nice for vegetarians , as well.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Mushrooms, cleaned with stems cut off evenly with the cap
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil *
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced and mashed
- 1 teaspoon Oregano *
- 1 teaspoon Thyme *
- 3 Tablespoons Parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Hot Pepper Flakes *
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper *
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add garlic, oregano, thyme, parsley, pepper flakes and paprika and cook over a moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat, add mushrooms and stir to coat them with the herbal mixture.
- Stir in the vinegar, wine, salt, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes
- Remove mushrooms and sauce from pan and cool in a non-reactive bowl. When cool, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving. Serve with toothpicks.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.