Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Peach and Blueberry Casserole
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 431)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Absolutely amazing summertime creation..
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Shell macaroni *
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Porto wine
- 3 Fresh peaches; peeled, and halved
- 1 cup Blueberries; fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water (12 pints)
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring in a large pot ,1½ gal. ( 12 pints) of water to a rolling boil .
- Add the 4 tablespoons of coarse sea salt, then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander.
- Rinse and set aside.
- Melt butter in small saucepan; add tomato paste, then Porto wine, stirring until well blended.
- Toss sauce with macaroni; spoon into 6 individual casseroles.
- Place peaches half in each casserole; add blueberries and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbling.
- Serve hot.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.