Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Deep Fried Paper-Wrapped Pork
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 495)
Preparation time: 1 hours; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Asian inspired dish that is both fun and different.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Lean pork
- 2 Slices of fresh ginger root
- 1 Garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 12 tablespoons Sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 12 Scallion stalks
- Wax paper
2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Avanti Savoia Cooking/All Purpose Olive Oil suggested
- Cut pork in ¾-inch cubes.
- Mince ginger and garlic, then combine with soy sauce, Sherry wine and sugar.
- Add to pork and toss.
- Let stand 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain, discarding marinade.
- Split scallion stalks in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise in 1-inch sections.
- Cut wax paper in 6-inch squares.
- Wrap one pork cube and scallion section in each square of paper.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil to about 375 degrees in a wok pan and deep-fry paper-wrapped pork until done (about 8 minutes).
- Add wraps a few at a time.
- Drain and serve hot in wrappings.
- The diner, with chopsticks or fork, opens the paper envelopes one at a time and eats the contents.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.