Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 572)
Preparation time: 1 hours; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Half moon shaped pizzas "turnovers" that can be stuffed with a huge variety of ingredients. A fun recipe to make with kids!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 cups Unbleached white flour (approx.)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- 1 package Fleichman's RapidRise yeast
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil *
- 1 cup Warm water
- 8 ounces Tomato sauce *
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil *
- 1 Green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspooon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Leaf thyme *
- 1/2 teaspoon Leaf oregano *
- 1/2 teaspoon Leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Leaf marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup favorite pizza ingredient-cheese, meat, veggies-?
3 cups Unbleached white flour (approx.)
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 package Fleichman's RapidRise yeast
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1 cup Warm water
- Mix dry ingredients including yeast together in a mixing bowl.
- Make a hollow well in the center.
- Pour olive oil and warm water into the well.
- Stir together until the liquid is mixed with flour and then work the mixture with your hands until it is smooth.
- If it is too sticky, you may need to add a little more flour.
- Cover the dough with a warm, damp cloth and allow to rise about 30 minutes.
- While dough is rising, prepare the following sauce.
8 ounces Tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1 Green onion, coarsely chopped
1 teaspooon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Leaf thyme
1/2 teaspoon Leaf oregano
1/2 teaspoon Leaf basil
1/2 teaspoon Leaf marjoram
1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender on high for 1-2 mintues and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Select a ball of dough about 1/8 of the total amount from the previous recipe.
- Roll it out in a 6" to 8" circle.
- Brush it with olive oil or spread about a little tomato sauce or even pesto.
- Fill with about 1/2 cup of favorite pizza toppings.
- Fold the calazone over and pinch the edges closed.
- Brush the outside with olive oil and bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.