Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 736)
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Traditionall made tableside at fine restaurants, Caesar salad can be easily made in your own kitchen.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper *
- 1/2 teaspoon Capers *
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard *
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Soft-Boiled Egg Yolks
- 1 cup Olive Oil *
- 4 Tablespoons Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salad Greens
Filets of Anchovy, for top of each salad
- In a food processor or blender, or in a ceramic or wooden bowl with a wooden spoon, puree garlic and black pepper.
- Add capers and puree.
- Add Dijon mustard and Worcesteshire sauce and puree.
- Add soft-boiled egg yolks and puree.
- Slowly dribble in a few drops of olive oil, increasing to a steady stream and pureeing constantly until entire cup of oil is used.
- Add parmesan cheese and puree.
- Toss with salad greens and garnish with croutons. Serve immediately before salad wilts.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.