Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 127)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
- 1 pound Pork sausage, ground
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 pound Plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried leaf thyme *
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh black peppercorn *
- 6 cups Cabbage, shredded
- 3 Bananas, sliced
- In a large frying pan break up sausage and cook over low to medium heat until browned.
- Add onion and cook until tender; add tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, thyme and peppercorn.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook 5 minutes longer; peel bananas, slice and add to frying pan, heat, stir, and serve.