Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Winter Haven Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 473)
Preparation time: 25 minutes plus cooling
Source: Vito De Carolis
Amazing combination, (anytime of the year).
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 Grapefruits, peeled and sectioned (about 2 cups of sections)
- 2 Small red onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can Cut green beans, drained (about 1 pound)
- 1 can Artichoke hearts, drained and cut into halves
- 1/3 cup Stuffed green olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 3 tablespoons Red wine vinegar (seasoned with 1 teaspoon of dry Tarragon for 24 hours) *
- 1 Clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Black peppercorn; freshly ground *
- Combine grapefruit sections, onions, green beans, artichoke hearts, and olive slices in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl; combine vinegar, garlic, salt, and peppercorn; add Extra Virgin Olive Oil gradually while whisking constantly to create a thick, emulsified vinaigrette.
- Pour dressing over salad; cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.