Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Baked Polenta with Gorgonzola Cheese(1) Read review
Have you tried this recipe? Submit a review.
(Recipe ID: 528)
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 55 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Pasticcio di Polenta e Gorgonzola. Uncomplicated directions for an Italian favorite.
- 6 cups Water
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 2 teaspoons Coarse sea salt *
- 2 1/2 cups Polenta (stone-ground Italian coarse corn meal
- 1 pound Gargonzola cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- Combine 6 cups of water, 2 cups of milk, and salt in heavy larger non-stick saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in cornmeal in a thin stream.
- Cook “Polenta” over medium-low heat (it should be barely boiling), whisking constantly, until thick and pulls away from side of pan, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, 15 minutes before Polenta is done, melt butter in a saucepan, without letting it crackle, and combine it with Gorgonzola cheese, stirring to obtain an even mixture.
- Pour half Polenta onto a large serving platter, spread cheese mixture over it, and cover with the remaining polenta.
- Serve steaming hot.