Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Tortiglioni with Galletti (Chantrelles) Mushrooms and Lentils
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 559)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 60 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Even the lowly lentil looks beautiful in this recipe.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 1/2 cups Fine brown dry lentils
1.1 pounds Fusilli Tortiglioni-spiral shaped pasta
Garofalo - suggested
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water (12 pints)
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 1/2 Onion, finely sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Bay leaves *
- 2 cups Galletti mushrooms, sliced *
1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
Ramo d’Oro - Freisa Wine Vinegar - suggested
- 1 pound Canned tomatoes, sliced up
- 3 Fresh spring marjorams
- 1/2 teaspoon Black peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 1 teaspoon Tomato paste
- Fine sea salt to taste *
- Soak lentils over night.
- Next day simmer them in slightly salted water for 40 minutes.
- Drain the lentils, set aside and keep warm.
- In a large pot, bring 1½ gallons ( 12 pt) of water to rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt 4 tablespoons, then add Tortiglioni pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander.
- Meanwhile, heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a skillet; sauté onions and garlic with bay leaf, and when the onion begins to turn golden, add mushrooms and red wine vinegar.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, then add the tomatoes, and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened.
- Then stir marjoram, black peppercorn, and tomato paste into the sauce and season with salt.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, combine Tortiglioni pasta, sauce and lentils; toss well and add on top some extra freshly grated black peppercorn before serving.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.