Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pearl Onion and Fontina Picks
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 689)
Preparation time: 45 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Sophisticated cocktail food or snack.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 1/2 pounds Pearl Onions
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
II Borgo - yellow label - suggested
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground White Peppercorn, to taste *
- 3/4 pound "Fontina" cheese, cubed in 1/3 inch
- Cocktail Skewers
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Blanch onions in boiling, salted water 30 seconds; drain. Slice off the root end. "Peel" the onions by pressing them slightly between your fingers; the inner part will slip out of the papery skin.
- Whisk together olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Put onions in a roasting pan, add oil-vinegar mixture, and toss to coat well. Bake until tender (about 25 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool in pan. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- To serve, place 2 onions and 1 cheese cube on each cocktail skewer.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.