Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Linguine al pesto
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 109)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Linguine pasta with Pesto sauce; this recipe requires a high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil to reach it's full potential.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Linguine pasta *
- 2 ounces Fresh basil
- 2 ounces Grated “Pecorino” cheese
- .7 ounce Pine nuts
- 1 clove Garlic
- 10 Tablespoons "Fruttato Intenso" Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- Clean the basil leaves and put them and 1.8 oz of grated “Pecorino” cheese, the garlic clove, the pine nuts and 8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a food processor and mix until it becomes a cream.
- In a large pot bring 1.5 gallons of water to a boil, salt the water (2 ounces of salt for 1.5 gallons of water) add the pasta and bring back to a boil. Lower the heat and cook the pasta until it is “al dente" (10 to 12 minutes) check the producer’s recommendation for cooking time, pastas will vary. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- When pasta is cooked, drain, and put it in a bowl, add the “Pesto” sauce, stir gently.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated “Pecorino” cheese on top of the pasta and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.