Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Deep Fried Ham and Egg Meatballs
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 407)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Excellent as a starter or snack. Serve 'em hot.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Smoked ham
- 2 Scallion stalks
- 6 Eggs
- 6 Slices white bread
- 4 teaspoons All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Aromatic sea salt with Szechwan Peppercorn
Ferri dal 1905 suggested
2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Avanti Savoia Cooking/All Purpose Olive Oil suggested
- Mince ham and scallion.
- Beat eggs.
- Trim off bread crust; break bread into soft crumbs.
- Mix ingredients together, blending in flour, and salt.
- Form mixture into walnut-size balls.
- Meanwhile, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil to about 375 degrees for deep-frying in a wok pan.
- Add meat balls to the olive oil a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.