Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 629)
Preparation time: 50 minutes; Cook time: 35-40 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Highly simplified version of the classic.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pound Beef Fillet
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn, to taste *
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cooking Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 8 ounce Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg Yolk, beaten
- 1 bunch Watercress, to garnish
- Rub fillet generously with salt and pepper
- Heat butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a heavy frying pan and over a high heat fry the fillet until well browned all over.
- Remove carefully from the pan, taking care not to pierce the meat and leave to cool.
- Roll out the pastry thinly and large enough to enclose the fillet.
- Fold the pastry around the meat. Brush the edges with a little egg yolk and seal the pastry, then all over with beaten egg yolk to glaze.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 450°F for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°F for further 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with watercress.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.