Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 126)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Enjoy hot, cold or room temperature.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 ounces Fresh spinach
- 1/4 pound Fresh mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil *
- 1 Medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme *
- 1/2 cup Almonds, slivered and toasted
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ground black peppercorn *
- 1 9-inch baked pie shell
- Trim and rinse spinach and tear into small pieces.
- In a small frying pan, saute' mushrooms and onion in extra virgin olive oil; add tomato, spinach, and thyme and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or just until spinach is limp.
- Stir in half the almonds and flour.
- Turn into pie shell.
- In a bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, and peppercorn; pour over pie.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.