Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Fig Butterfly Coffeecake
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 154)
Preparation time: 2 hours minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Yeast risen delicacy worth the preparation time.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 1/4-3 3/4 cups Un-sifted flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 package Active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup Whole milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Dry figs, chopped
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup *
- 2/3 cup Sweet white wine
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
1 cup dry Figs, chopped
1/4 cup Maple syrup
2/3 cup Sweet white wine
1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
Fig Filling Instructions:
- In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients, bring to boil over a medium heat, strring.
- Continue cooking until the mixture is tick enough to spread.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pecans.
- Cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the flour, sugar, salt and dry yeast.
- Combine milk, water, and butter, heat over low heat until liquids are very warm (120 degrees to 130 degrees).
- Gradually add dry ingredients to liquid and beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in enough additional flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place, free from drafft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn out onto lightly floured board.
- Roll out to an 18 by 12 inch rectange.
- Spread fig filling over rectangle to within 1 inch of edges.
- Starting from long side, roll up like a jell roll; pinch seam to seal.
- Place roll on a large greased baking sheet, seam side down.
- Cut roll in half lenghthwise, starting at ends, leaving a 2 inch uncut section in center.
- Turn cut section filling side up.
- Placing roll in a vertical postion, coil top 2 cut section down in opposite direction, bringing ends up to meet uncut section.
- Coil bottom 2 sections up, bringing ends to meet uncut center section, cover and let rise in a warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or until done.
- Remove from baking sheet and cook on wire rack.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.