Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Spinach Salad with Shrimp
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 333)
Preparation time: 50 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
A really different twist on spinach salad using dried shrimp.
- 12 Dried shrimps
- 5 cups Water, divided
- 1 pound Fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Shrimp liquid
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- Few drops sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Powdered mustard
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
- Place dried shrimps and 1 cup cold water in a small pan.
- Cover and bring quickly to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let stand, still covered about 30 minutes.
- Remove tough stems from spinach.
- Bring 4 cups cold water to a boil.
- Pour over spinach, then drain at once.
- Cool under running water and drain again.
- Shake leaves dry, then chop coarsely.
- Place in a bowl.
- Remove shrimps from pan and chop coarsely.
- Add to spinach.
- Blending mustard and rice vinegar to a paste.
- Combine shrimp liquid with soy sauce, mustard mixture, peanut oil, salt and sesame oil, blending well.
- Add to spinach and shrimps and toss.
- Serve at once.