Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Spaghetti Carbonara with Zuchinni (alla Carbonara con Zucchine)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 180)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Classic Carbonara sauce with pasta and zucchini. A test of your "inner" Italian cook.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
1 pound Spaghetti pasta
Garofalo - suggested
- 1 pound Medium zucchini, diced
- 1 Thick slice of bacon (about 4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 4 Egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Heavy cream
- Fine sea salt and green peppercorn, freshly gound to taste *
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter and fry the bacon until the meat has rendered it's fat; then add the zucchini and cook for 6 minutes over a medium high heat.
- Add fine sea salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix with a whip the yolks, heavy cream, and the cheese seasoning with fine sea salt and the freshly ground green peppercorn.
- In a large pot, bring 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil. Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons) and the pasta and cook until it is al dente.
- Drain well in a colander and add immediately to the bowl with cream sauce.
- Re-heat the zucchini and toss with the spaghetti, mix well and serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.