Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Orange Roughy with Kiwi-Orange Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 53)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 12 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas M.S. RD. L.D.
Orange Roughy with a twist, wonderful.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3/4 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Orange juice
- 4 Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced into 24 slices
- 2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 teaspoon White wine vinegar *
- 18 ounces Orange roughy fillets, cut into six serving size pieces
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated orange peel
- 6 Orange slices
1. In a 2-cup measure, place cornstarch.
2. Blend in 1/3 cup orange juice.
3. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until mixutre is thickened and translucent, stirring once.
4. Set aside.
5. In food processor or blender, place 12 kiwi slices, the oil, and vinegar.
6. Process until smooth.
7. Pour into thickened orange juice mixture.
8. Mix well.
9. Set aside.
10. In a 10-inch square casserole, arrange orange roughy fillet in single layer.
11. In 1-cup measure, combine 1/4 cup orange juice and the orange peel.
12. Pour over fillets.
13. Cover with wax paper.
14. Microwave on high for 6 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes with fork.
15. Top each serving with 3 tablespoons sauce.
16. Garnish with remaining kiwi slices and orange slices.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.