Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Quick Fried Beef Venetian Style
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 725)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
A few steps is all it takes to prepare this taste of Venice.
2 pounds Thinly Sliced Beef
Use top sirloin roast and have butcher slice on his meat slicer
- Olive Oil, for frying *
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1/8 pound Bacon or Prosciutto, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Pitted and Chopped Green Olives
- 1 Red Sweet Bell Pepper, coarsely diced
- 1 Very Ripe Tomato Diced
- 3/4 cup Red Wine (dry)
- 1 Tablespoons Capers *
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano *
- 1/4 teaspoon Basil
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste *
- Prepare the sauce by sauteing the yellow onion in the oil, along with the garlic and bacon. When the onion is a bit soft, add the remaining ingredients and simmer until all is tender and flavorful. Correct the seasoning with salt and pepper. You should need little salt, if any.
- Heat a frying pan and then add a bit of olive oil. Quickly saute the meat and then serve on heated plates with a bit of sauce on the bottom of each plate.