Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Spanish Onion Salad (Ensalada de Cebolla)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 151)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Spanish onion salad: great flavor, texture and color.
- 1 Large sweet Spanish onion
- 3 Oranges
- 2 pounds Fresh spinach
- 8 Thick slices of bacon, cooked, crisp, and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry mustard
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil *
2 tablespoons Cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon Dry mustard
1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil (Spanish extra virgin olive oil suggested)
- Peel and slice oranges, remove seeds and cut slices in halves.
- Peel and thinly slice onion, separate into rings
- Wash spinach thoroughly and remove stems, break leaves into bite-size pieces.
- In a salad bowl, combine onion rings, oranges, and spinach.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- In a small bowl combine cider vinegar, sugar, salt and dry mustard; add extra virgin olive oil gradually while whisking constantly to create a thick, emulsified vinagrette.
- Toss salad with dressing to coat thoroughly and serve.