Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Topneck Clam Sauce (Pasta Con le Arselle)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 942)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Vito De Carolis
In this recipe, pasta is served with a sauce made with fresh topneck clams and tomatoes.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1.1 pound Dry Pasta * *
- 2 pounds Topneck Clams
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Extra Virgin Olive Oil * *
- 1 pound Ripe Plum Tomatoes, blanched, peeled, unseeded and diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, lightly squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil * *
- to taste Fine Sea Salt * *
- green pepper* fresh ground *
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold Water
- 4 Tablespoons Coarse Sea Salt * *
- Rinse topneck clams well and put in a large pot, adding one of the squeezed garlic clove and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, cover with a lid and cook over high heat, shaking the pot often so all shellfish open at about the same time 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove topneck clams meat and reserve.
- Warm 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over low heat; add the other garlic clove and fry until lightly brown, then remove it.
- Add diced tomato and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes then add reserved topneck clams and parsley and cook for 5 minutes more. Adjust seasoning with fine salt and pepper and simmer while the pasta is cooking to "al dente", stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons), then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander (reserving 1 cup of the pasta water to adjust the sauce).
- Add pasta to the sauce and the extra virgin olive oil, mix well to combine ingredients, cook for 1 minute add reserved pasta water if needed and serve.
Suggested shape of pasta to use with this sauce:
Spaghetti, Tagliatelle, Gnocchi, or Strozzapreti
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.