Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 405)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Sweet Crabmeat, delicate spinach, gently spicy... perfect as a light first course.
- 1 cup Cooked crabmeat
- 1/2 pound Fresh spinach
- 1 Scallion stalk
- 2 Slices fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 6 cups Fish stock, divided
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil *
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- Flake and pick over crabmeat.
- Remove tough stems from spinach; chop leaves.
- Cut scallion stalk in 1-inch sections.
- Mince ginger root.
- Blend cornstarch and ½ cup fish stock.
- Set aside.
- In a deep pan, heat olive oil; add scallion and ginger and stir-fry a few times.
- Add crabmeat; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add “Sherry” wine and stir-fry ½ minute more.
- Add remaining fish stock and bring to a boil.
- Add spinach and salt; bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring until the soup thickens and is smooth.