Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 415)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Savory and simple entree for a light supper.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 1/2 pounds Fish fillets
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Whole milk, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fine sea salt *
- 1/3 teaspoon Black peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Potato starch
- 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/3 cup Hot water
- In a food processor mince finely fish, and onion.
- Stir in eggs, salt, peppercorn, and 2 tablespoons milk.
- Stir in flour, and potato starch; add more milk as needed.
- The mixture should be fairly thick and able to hold its shape well.
- In a large frying pan heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Shape oblong fish balls with a tablespoon and fry them over a high heat until well browned on all sides.
- Lower heat , add hot water; and cook over low heat, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve with melted butter, boiled potatoes, and green salad.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.