Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Apple-scented Beurre Blanc
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 286)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Beurre Blanc simply means "white butter" and this is but one of many variations on the theme. Serve with Pan Seared Salmon and Apple and Ginger Caramelization.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Shallot or 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon White pepper *
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar *
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1 cup Unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- Finely mince shallot or green onion and combine with white pepper, vinegar and white wine.
- Place in a medium-sized non-aluminum saucepan and simmer until mixture has reduced about 2 tablespoons.
- Meanwhile, cut butter into 1-tablespoon pieces.
- When reduction is ready, remove from heat and beat in butter pats, 1 or 2 at a time.
- Take care to beat each addition thoroughly before adding more.
- When 1 stick of butter has been incorporated into sauce, place pan over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes and continue to whip in the butter pats.
- Work quickly, do not overheat and the sauce should not separate.
- If necessary, remove from heat to finish adding butter.
- Sauce should be thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately or hold in warm place until serving time.
- Serve with Pan Seared Salmon and Apple and Ginger Caramelization.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.