Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Coffee Baked Beans(2) Read reviews
Have you tried this recipe? Submit a review.
(Recipe ID: 704)
Preparation time: 1 Hour and 10 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Great baked beans with the added zip of a little coffee.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/4 cup Strong Coffee
1/4 cup Chardonnay Vinegar
Ramo d'Oro suggested
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Citrus Flower Honey
Albero della viat suggested
2 teaspoon Powdered Yellow Mustard
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn *
1/8 teaspoon Dried Thyme
1/8 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Brandy
- 1 large can (about 14 ounce) Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 large can (about 14 ounce) Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 Sweet Onion, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a small saucepan, combine coffee, "Chardonnay" wine vinegar, butter, honey, dry yellow mustard, garlic, salt, liquid smoke, pepper, thyme and rosemary. Bring to a slow boil and gently simmer sauce for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brandy.
- Place beans in a glass casserole dish and top with sauce. Stir to combine. Top with sliced onions. bake uncovered in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Serve warm.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.