Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Curried Deviled Eggs with Peach Chutney
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 806)
Preparation time: 35 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Rich spicy variation on the old standby. Add more white pepper if you really like a little more heat.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 6 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard *
- 4 teaspoons Madras Curry Powder *
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Pickle, finely minced *
- Pinch of Salt and White Pepper or to taste *
- Small Jar of Peach Chutney *
- Place room temperature eggs in a small sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn off heat and cover pan. Allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes. Tap boiled eggs all around the shell on counter top and peel under running water to loosen shells.
- Cut peeled eggs in half lengthwise, being careful not to break the whites. Scoop out yolks and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Mash yolks well with a fork; then add mayonnaise, Dijon and curry powder. Blend and add all ingredients except chutney.
- Carefully spoon mixture into egg white halves or get fancy and pipe them in using a pastry bag. Finish eggs with a tiny dollop of Peach Chutney.
- Arrange on a platter or old fashioned Deviled Egg dish.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.