Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Orange Scented Apple, Rice and Sausage Dressing
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 855)
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Colonna* *
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 1 bunch Green Onions, cleaned and chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, string removed and chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced and mashed
- 3 medium Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, chopped and mixed with the juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, casing removed and lightly sautéed
- 4 cups Cooked Aborio Rice from Cascina Belvedere * *
- 1 cup Poultry Stock or good quality commercial broth
- 3 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme* *
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Sage* *
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Blossom Honey from Savannah Bee Company* *
- 1 Tablespoon Sel de Mer Sea Salt * *
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Peppercorn * *
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet or sauté pan. Add chopped yellow and green onions and sauté until slightly soft. Add celery, garlic and apples. Continue to cook over a medium heat until all ingredients begin to soften. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine cooked ingredients with the rest of the ingredients and mix very well.
- Turn into a large casserol dish that has been lightly oiled. Bake covered at 350º for about 1 hour. Can be prepared and stored overnight in refrigerator until ready to bake.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.