Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 443)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 1 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Contains honey, of course, but also coffee, orange juice, nuts and lots of spice.
- 3 1/4 cups Sifted, all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground allspice *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 cup Orange honey *
- 1 cup Fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/3 cup Brewed coffee
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Nuts, chopped
- Grease and line two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans with waxed paper.
- Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, orange juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and coffee.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs; add sugar, continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Blend in dry ingredients alternately with orange juice mixture.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Continue baking 45 minutes longer or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove loaves from pans.
- Cool completely.
- Remove waxed paper before serving.