- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour baking pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- With a mixer; cream together sugar and butter, lemon extract, vanilla powder, lemon and lime zest. Add slightly beaten eggs and beat until just blended.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk to egg mixture, beating slightly after each addition. Beat until just mixed. Do not over beat!
- Pour into prepared pan, tap gently to settle and place on the middle shelf of a 350 degree oven. Bake for about 70 minutes or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and allow it to cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Take cake out of pan and finish cooling.
The cake can be tightly wrapped in foil and kept in refrigerator for 1 week. Good as it is, but can be served with chocolate sauce and/or whipped cream.