Free Shipping for Orders over $100!
Some exclusions apply. See our shipping policies for more information.
In the event you need to cancel your reservation, we require 48 hours notice. If you cancel within the 48 hour time period, you will not receive a refund, and you cannot exchange for another class date. You can, however, send a friend in your place. Avanti Savoia reserves the right to cancel a class at any time for any reason. If Avanti Savoia cancels a class you will receive a full refund or credit for another class. Your choice.
Other products you may like:
Tuesday, February 26th: Salt(s) of the Earth and Sea
Group price: $160.00 (4/group)
Sorry, this class is sold out. Please enter your name, phone number and email address below to be added to the class waiting list. We will notify you if seats become available.
Salt is the only mineral that we eat as a food. It is an essential nutrient and universal ingredient. In this class we will also discuss health issues as we experience the delights of Artisan salts used “mindfully”. History, modern sources and the use of different salts for different dishes will also be on our agenda.
Salt is the only mineral that we eat as a food. It is an essential nutrient and universal ingredient. In this class we will also discuss health issues as we experience the delights of Artisan salts used “mindfully”. History, modern sources and the use of different salts for different dishes will also be on our agenda. The class will also include a demonstration of one of the “hot foodie” cooking techniques of the year – cooking on Himalayan Salt Blocks.
- PUBLIC HOUSE POPCORN with TRUFFLE SALT (Enjoy a savory specialty of one of downtown Knoxville’s most popular bars.)
- RADISHES with FRENCH BREAD, UNSALTED BUTTER and FLEUR de SEL (This is the perfect salt tasting technique from France).
- GRAVLAX with SALISH ALDER WOOD SMOKED SALT (Nordic delicacy of salmon cured with a mixture of salt, sugar, dill, and brandy.)
- DEMONSTRATION of SALT BLOCK COOKING TECHNIQUES (Succulent Flat Iron Steak and Asparagus hot off the sizzling salt block)
- HOMEMADE FRENCH SALTED CARMELS (Delightful confection with the zest of salt.)
Cost: $50 (Demonstration Class with Some Hands-On Participation)
Time: 6:30pm to 8:30pm
What to bring with you: BYOW (wine)
Instructor: Chef Joseph Lowery
Chef Joseph is an author, chef, and cooking teacher and has taught cooking classes since 1972 in Canada, Mexico, and the USA. He is currently the Chef Consultant with Avanti Savoia Imports.