Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Black Squid Ink Pasta Salad with Toasted Sesame Oil Dressing
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 1049)
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
The pasta needs to be cooked early enough to be chilled before serving. The pasta and bean sprouts should be dressed and combined just before serving.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 Package of Nero di Seppia (Squid Ink Pasta), cooked al dente *
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil *
- 6 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Carrots cut into julienne strips
- 2 Tablespoons Pickled ginger, cut into small strips
- 4 Cloves Lowcountry Pickled Garlic, thinly sliced *
- 1 jar Bangor Capers in Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Siracha hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoons Hiwa Kai Black Lava Salt *
- 4 ounces Mung Bean Sprouts, well rinsed and dried
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Hawa Kai Black Lava Salt *
- A Sprinkling of Sesame seeds *
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water just until it is a dente. Drain and cover the past with cold water to stop the cooking process. Thoroughly drain again, toss with olive oil chill covered until ready to dress. Pasta can be prepared to this point and chilled overnight if desired.
- One or two hours before serving, combine sliced green onion, carrots, pickled ginger, pickled garlic, capers, ¼ cup sesame oil, hot sauce and salt with pasta; toss well but gently. Cover and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Combine sprouts, lime juice, remaining sesame oil and salt; toss to combine and set aside.
- To Serve: Combine pasta and sprouts- mix well. Presentation is best in a large glass serving bowl; garnished with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.