Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pork Loin with Sherry Wine and Sherry Vinegar
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 557)
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 2 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Wonderful, savory recipe for boneless pork loin, just don't overcook it.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Pork loin (about 2 pounds), boned
- Fine sea salt and black peppercorn; freshly ground to taste *
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/3 cup Unsalted butter
- 2 Medium red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 Sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 Bay leaves *
- 1 1/2 cups Sherry wine
- 1/2 cup Sherry vinegar *
- 1/2 cup Raisins, soaked 1/2 hour in sherry vinegar
- Season the pork with salt and freshly ground black peppercorn.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- When hot, add the pork into the pan and sear until just golden brown on all sides and both ends.
- Remove the pork and set aside.
- Over a medium heat, add butter and, when it foams, add onions with a pinch of salt.
- Fry for 10 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the thyme, bay leaves, Sherry wine, Sherry vinegar, and raisins and turn the heat to low.
- Return the pork to the pan, cover with foil and put the lid on.
- Cook slowly for 1 to 1½ hours or until the meat is just cooked through but still juicy, turning occasionally, so it cooks evenly.
- Let the pork rest for ten minutes, covered loosely with foil, before slicing.
- Turn the heat under the sauce to high and reduce it for five minutes, until it is still runny but “delicious”.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and braised spinach.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.