Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Healthy Cajun Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 92)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 12 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
Heart Healthy, quick and delicious.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 pound Turkey sausage
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Medium sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 cups Cooked rice *
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans cajun style stewed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Oregano *
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot pepper oil *
- 1 cup Green onions, thinly sliced
- Spray large skillet pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Over medium high-heat, brown sausage, onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- Cook and stir 7 to 10 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- Add rice, tomatoes, beans, oregano and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes more until well-blended and thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.