Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 148)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Fun recipe to do with a couple of friends. Easy and muy bien!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 cup Tomato sauce (at least)
- Olive oil as needed *
- Salt, cumin, and chili powder to taste *
- 1 dozen Corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 12 ounces (or 16 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 4 ounce cans of whole green chilies, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup White onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
To prepare the tortillas:
- In a heavy skillet heat 3 tablespoons each oil and tomato sauce.
- Add a pinch each of salt, cumin, and chili powder.
- Place several tortillas in pan at once, turning very carefully to coat, soften and heat.
- Remove from the skillet and stack the prepared tortillas on a platter with paper towels between.
- Add more oil, sauce and seasonings to skillet as needed to cook remaining tortillas.
To assemble the enchiladas:
- Spread approximately 2 tablespoons of chicken over each tortilla, then a layer of cheese, a sprinkling of minced onion and a few strips of chilies.
- Roll up the enchiladas and place the seam sides down in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the sour cream, tomato sauce, chopped onion and the grated cheese in that order.
- Cover tightly with lightly oiled foil and bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil carefully and serve enchiladas using two spatulas as they may be a little difficult to get out whole.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.