Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Insalata di riso nerone
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 852)
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Nerone Rice Salad
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 gallon water for cooking
- 2 Tablespoons coarse salt, for cooking the rice and green beans *
- 7 oz Fresh green beans, French if possible
- 11 oz Nerone rice from Cascina Belvedere * *
- 5 oz can Italian Kidney Beans
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Pepper, washed
- 1 Sweet Yellow Bell Pepper, washed
- 6 Tablespoons Cassini S'ciappau * *
- 3.5 oz Fresh Basil Leaves
- 4 Tablespoons Cooking/ All purpose cooking oil* *
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled
- 1 lb. Pink Shrimp with heads, shells and veins removed
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- to Sea Salt* and Fresh Ground Black Pepper *
- 1 Tablespoon Chives, chopped
- Clean and remove strings from the French green beans.
- Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil, salt the water (2 tablespoons for 1 gallon of water).
- Cook the French green beans in the salty water until tender (about 15 minute or less). When cooked, remove the beans and place them in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain beans and cut them crosswise into 1/4 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Bring cooking water back to boil and stir in Nerone rice. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Ten minutes before the rice is cooked, open the can of Italian kidney beans and rinse them under cold water. Add to the rice and cook together for another 8 minutes.
- While the rice and kidney beans are cooking, cut the red and yellow sweet bell peppers in small square pieces 1/4 by 1/4 inch. Combine peppers with the prepared green beans and 2 tablespoons of the Cassini S'ciappau extra virgin olive oil. Toss together and set aside.
- When the rice and beans are cooked, drain them if necessary and place in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of Cassini S'ciappau extra virgin olive oil, stir and set them aside as well.
- Put the basil leaves and 2 tablespoons of Cassini S'ciappau extra virgin olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until creamy.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 4 tablespoons of Cooking olive oil. Add the peeled clove of garlic and fry it until it is light brown and then remove and discard. Do not allow it to over cook or it will make the dish bitter.
- In the same heated pan, cook the cleaned shrimp for a few minutes; add the dry white wine and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes more. Stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- When the shrimp is cooked, you are ready to serve the salad. Combine the prepared beans and peppers with the cooked rice and beans in a large bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange cooked shrimp on the top of rice mixture and pour the basil cream all over. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.